Monday, January 18, 2010

Right on the Money!

Day 1 - Nicole

I cracked open my book late last night. The first paragraph immediately caught my attention:
"If you were to say to the man in your life, ‘Honey, we need to talk about our relationship’, what do you think would happen?”

What followed was what could have been a transcript of many conversations I have had with my husband, body language and everything. I was shocked. Not that I didn’t believe what I had read about the book prior to purchase, but it really did say that talking about a relationship could be a bad thing! Not talking is a concept I cannot even imagine

My husband, on the other hand, actually seems to be looking forward to this new approach. Not that I am surprised. I have already tried to implement some of the early “not talking” concepts into our routine.

We spent the whole day together, and I have resisted the urge to talk about us or to ask him what he is thinking. There are relationship issues that are obviously still on my mind, but I suppose that will get better, right? All I know so far is that I am determined to improve myself and my relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment